42nd Street


This is one beautiful shot. The info with the photo says: "An early evening look east along 42Nd street from 8Th Avenue... you get a peek of the Chrysler Building way down the canyon (left center).

It's been a dream of mine to visit New York since i was about 11 year old... maybe even younger. I've always had a fascination with NYC. I did get to visit NY when i was about 16 but we we're just passing threw. My mom and i packed up the car and drove from Van Nuys, Ca (Los Angeles) up threw NYC and up into Maine and than into Canada and than drove back. This adventure took us two weeks. We only spent about 12 hours in NYC. We we're supposed to meet up with a friend of my moms somewhere in Queens, or Brooklyn, i can't remember now... but we got lost and pulled into a Mac Donald's Parking lot and spent the night.... yes, in the car but we had our huge dog Gypsy with us, he woulda' killed anyone who tried to get into the car.

In the morning i got to see the World Trade Center, it was like 4 am in the morning, there was light so i got to see it but only looking up at it. I took some pics, I'll have to post them someday... if i can find them. And really the only other things i got to see were the Statue of Liberty from very far away and some tunnel that went under water and for the life of me i can't remember the name of the tunnel. I have a pic of the entrance of this tunnel but i don't know where that pic is right now. What are some names of some tunnels that go under the water... Tunnels, meaning... you can drive along under the water? Anyone know the names of these tunnels, if so leave me a comment because I'd like to remember which tunnel it was i went under.

And i of course got to see various smaller cities as we drove threw NYC. I remember feeling so disappointed because i wanted to see more but the New York traffic was disturbing my moms nerves and she wanted to get the hell out of there lol. And i never got to go back. That was 20 years ago. I'm 36 now. Some day I'll make it back. This is still a dream of mine... to go to NYC and spend like 2 weeks there.

Anyway... blah blah, I'm rambling... i really just wanted to share this amazing photo with you all lol.

Posted in Labels: , |

0 comments: